Bugs Unlimited, LLC and Wendy S. Brown
PO Box 1451
Crested Butte, CO 81224
bugsunlimitedllc ª gmail
The Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory (RMBL)
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBL)
Bugs Unlimited, LLC is a small business I formed in 1990 for contract work in field biology. Most of the time I do research in the Upper Gunnison Basin of Colorado, especially in the Elk and West Elk Mountains :-)
- Bugs Unlimited - Aquatic Entomology and Field Science consulting.
Some of the groups I have worked with are private landowners, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBL), the Bureau of Land Management, Colorado Natural Heritage Program, Colorado Natural Areas Program, The Coal Creek Watershed Coalition and other clients. 1990-2017.
- The Aquatic Insects of Gunnison County, Colorado
- Water chemistry and climate modeling in the East River catchment. With Ken Williams, Rosemary Carroll, Heidi Steltzer, Nick Sutfin and a number of other collaborators. 2014-2017
Our most recent AGU Meeting Abstract.
- GLORIA - GLobal Observation Research Initiative in Alpine environments. 2010-2017
- Alpine Treeline Warming Experiment Fall 2012 and 2013. Recent article and abstract.
- Field research on stream insects with Barbara Peckarsky, Kara Cromwell, Maruxa Alvarez, Brad Taylor, Maria Alp and friends studying streams at RMBL. 1986-2013
- Spider Survey with the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Mix of field research at RMBL. See list of acknowledgments. 1985-2017
- I'm interested in the effects of Mining on Aquatic Insects.
- Studied buffer zones around wetlands (original, under construction version). Commented about wetlands on Snodgrass mountain at Mt Crested Butte Planning commission meetings. 1998-1999
- Mexican Cut Nature Preserve aquatic insects with Dr. Scott Wissinger (Allegheny College), Dr. Howard Whiteman and students at RMBL. 1991-1998 There's a dot sized picture of me catching salamanders under the text on Howard's website :-)
- B.S. in Forest Resource Management, Minor in Geology. University of Montana. Graduated with honors :-)
East River upstream of CR317 bridge on 4June2016
Sowing tree seeds in a blizzard on Niwot Ridge, Colorado. Oct 2013
Friends on Treasury Mountain :-) July 2012
Mencia, the newest member of our team :-) July 2012
Rock snot, Didymo or formally Didymosphenia geminata
coating the rocks in Copper Creek. This was in June of 2012, the nuisance algae continued to grow all season. Interestingly, D. geminata
has always been present in the Upper East River Valley. Numbers used to be low until it started blooming about 10 years ago.
Intrepid Carrie collecting Baetis
nymphs near the Emerald Lake snowfield. July 2011
Kathy working on the GLORIA project in 2010. I worked on the weather station in the background.
An underwater view of one of our Summer 2010 experiments.
My friends and colleagues Brad Taylor, Angus McIntosh, Bobbi Peckarsky and Jen Moslemi on a ridge near Gothic in July 2007.